Your Arrowhead Adventurer loves football! Even preseason. For years I complained about being forced to buy the two games included in a season ticket package. Then I went. And I had a great time. In the years since I always try to go to at least one.
The reasons are many and I like to make lists so here we go
Something Old Something New Something Borrowed Something Red
1. The pressure is off. It is always nice to walk back to the car with a Chiefs win, even in preseason. But that is not what the game is all about. It is about evaluating talent, which means fielding players you never heard of. But it also means watching exciting new draft picks like our new QB. Sit back, relax, and take notes. Don’t pay attention to the score.
Explore Like a Pirate
2. This is a real chance to explore Arrowhead, the greatest NFL stadium in the world. It took me years to work up to my 2nd row seats, but until I did, I used the preseason games as a way to check out potential upgrades. They are also a great way to meet new people, and get real close to the players. I like to get in the stadium as early as possible and look into doors, crannies, and corners. I also like to ask the staff questions. And take notes. As far as evaluating future seating, take pictures from all kinds of areas of the stadium. Then when it comes time to buy tickets you can check out the real view, not just the one on the Chiefs website.
Dream Like Nobody’s Looking
3. Dream. I love to read about the Chiefs both in the present and in the past. The historic plays are endless and this is such a storied venue. Don’t just read about them, but find out exactly where they happened. Then visit that part of the stadium. It has been said that you can read all you want about the Mona Lisa, but you cannot truly appreciate it until you stand in front of it. Same is true with Chiefs history.
Hurry Up to Slow Down and Enjoy Yourself
4.The tailgating is great! Relax, stuff yourself, and take a nap. Who cares if you miss the first quarter. It is an incredible experience to wake up from a nap and realize where you are. At the greatest NFL stadium in the world.
Don’t Even Think About Cutting Corners
5. Check out the corners. In my opinion the 50-yard line is overrated. I like the corners. The four corners are the closest to the action you can get. Plays gravitate toward the corners. The player jump the wall right in front of you. You can catch stray passes. I have heard the argument that you cannot see all the action but that is fine with me, I lean back and watch the jumbotron.
Be Yourself……….. or Be Somebody Else
6. Record the game at home. Take a funny sign with you, or wear something different. When I am in the mood to be on TV I always wear something that stands out. There are some really cool black jerseys, and yellow ones as well. Then when you get home scan the recording.
I think Thursday night will be a great opportunity to experience all of these things and more.
See you there!
If you are viewing this in Apple News and would like to join the Discussion, [GO HERE.](http://arrowheadone.com/why-you-should-go-to-a-preseason-game/#disqus_thread)
Latest posts by Randy Murawski (see all)
- No Matter How Good You Are There Is Always Someone Better - September 8, 2017
- Why You Should Go To A Preseason Game And What You Should Do When You Are There! - August 30, 2017
- Arrowhead Adventures In Artic Weather! - December 14, 2016